compensation: DOE $16-$19 per hour employment type: employee's choice job title: Bakery assistant
QR Code Link to This Post
Arise Bakery is a wholesale gluten-free bakery that produces quality organic breads and pastries for a range of West Coast grocery stores, restaurants, farmers' markets, and nationwide mail orders.
We are looking for a full-time bakery assistant. Shifts are 6 to 8 hours per day depending on employee needs and our production schedule. Responsibilities include weighing ingredients, mixing dough, shaping, packaging, cleaning and moving fifty-pound bags of flour. This is a physical job, so we need someone who prioritizes their health and fitness!
We are seeking reliable, enthusiastic, and organized individuals with a passion for food, community, and healthy lifestyles. We work at a fast pace and maintain a peaceful, positive environment.
Hours are roughly 7am-330pm Monday to Friday, and Tuesday- Saturday during Farmers' Market main season.
- Making/weighing/shaping multiple batches of dough per shift.
- Assisting lead bakers.
- Assisting packaging finished product.
- Dishwashing. Keeping workspaces and bakery organized and clean.
- Lifting up to 55 pounds multiple times per day.
- Comfortable standing for 8 hours with breaks.
- Skilled at prioritizing responsibilities and organizing tasks.
- Follow procedures with sharp attention to detail.
- Work at a fast-pace while maintaining high quality standards.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team, with clear communication skills and motivation.
- Commercial baking, cooking, or related experience required.
- Must be reliable and flexible.
- Must have reliable transportation.
We train at $16/hour for the first 2 weeks, then raise your hourly wage depending on experience and efficiency.
This is a drug, alcohol, and smoke-free work environment.
Please email resume with 3 professional references, your availability including intentions of short/long-term, part/full time, and a short note about your interest in the position. Hit the reply button to access our email link. Thank you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers