The American Red Cross has a high need for volunteers who enjoy working with kids (ages 8-11), to teach students in local schools about disaster preparedness and being safe during disasters. Join us today!
As a volunteer teacher, you will:
- Give interactive "Pillowcase Project Presentations" teaching youth ages 8-11 about emergency preparedness. These pre-designed presentations will last 40 minutes and can take place in classrooms, church groups, scout troops or anywhere else requested.
- Work in pairs, using tools such as a standardized curriculum, workbook, quizzes and activities. The highly interactive presentation addresses home fire safety, a local natural hazard, psycho-social coping skills and household preparedness steps like making a plan and a kit. Students will learn about storing items that they may need to take with them in an emergency and take a pillowcase home with them for that purpose!
- Have a great time in this highly interactive role, engaging and teaching youth in local classrooms.
This volunteer opportunity is for you if you:
- Love working with kids!
- Have excellent communication skills and strong public speaking abilities.
- Are available during normal business hours as most of our presentations are done at schools.
To get started, please reply to this posting or register today at www.redcross.org/volunteer.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers